The advantage of a CNC machine is its control program. The algorithm for the machine’s functioning is developed for each unique workpiece. Coded commands are delivered in a programming language intelligible by the programmable module.
If formerly punched tapes, punched cards, and magnetic tapes were utilized for recording, hard drives, flashcards, CD-Rs, and other mediums are now available in 4th and 5th generation devices.
This data is entered into the machine’s unique software (or stored in its memory), which creates the laws of motion of the feed drives and auxiliary devices, ensuring the technology of manufacturing components on CNC machines.
The device operator only enters the initial data on the geometry of the part, the material used, and the desired machining accuracy through the control panel and the control system independently calculates the machining mode, the trajectory of movement, and selects the necessary tool.
What you can use CNC machining for
You can use CNC processing for:
- laser cutting of sheets and pipes;
- laser cutting from stencil;
- milling and turning;
- drilling holes and cutting grooves;
- traditional metal cutting and welding;
Furthermore, the benefit of computer control is that editing becomes more accurate because the unfavorable influence of human variables is eliminated.
Operations that change the configuration of machined products using turning, drilling, and turret units, as well as double-sided centering machines, can be named:
- Turning – refers to the machining of the workpiece’s outer surface;
- Drilling is the process of cutting a hole.
- Deburring is a surface treatment of a workpiece that removes edges or unwanted pieces.
- Cutting entails dividing the workpiece into two sections or cutting the finished portion from the workpieces.
- Countersinking is the processing of previously produced holes in order to give them a geometrically accurate form and to eliminate surface roughness.
- Countersinking deepens holes so that bolt, screw, or rivet heads can be fully inserted.
- Centering – the hole is milled from two sides to center it.
Other tasks are also performed on lathes and thread cutting machines, such as the grinding of mold surfaces.
The functionality of CNC machining.
A huge number of devices are employed in the manufacturing process, which is dependent on machine conditions and the company’s accepted technologies and software equipment.
- A turret lathe can work on two or three pieces at once. The machine can cut and shape pieces by positioning the turret vertically and the caliper crosswise.
- With the help of pipe edge preparation machines, the ends can be successfully machined and chamfered, and the uneven thickness of the pipes that develops as a result of welding is avoided.
CNC machines produce a large number of parts and processed workpieces based on their purpose and software. The key to success in carrying out these technological procedures is high-quality control program development, dependable fasteners, and an ideally sharpened tool. The operator of a CNC machine must be knowledgeable about tools and understand the capabilities of various types of equipment in order to choose the best one for this situation. The best way to achieve this is to use reputable CNC machining services.